Ubisoft has hosted their second Ubisoft Forward event. Streamed online, the event revealed new details about upcoming releases and new content for their existing titles.
Shortly before the presentation began, Ubisoft released a video statement on social media from CEO Yves Guillemot, in which he addressed the recent scandals in the company.
Included in this statement was an apology to those affected by the toxic work environments the company has been accused of having, with numerous allegations of sexual harassment and misconduct by high ranking figures in the company.
The presentation began with a short pre-show. Hosted by Laure Gilbert & Aymar Azaizia, the half-hour showcases included a host of announcements from Ubisoft’s global development teams:
- Tracks from The Weeknd and Eminem were among those announced for the playlist in Just Dance 2021,
- A new VR game set in the world of Far Cry 3, called Dive Into Insanity, will be released in 2021,
- Notre Dame De Paris: A Journey Back In Time is a new VR tour experience of the iconic cathedral built using assets from Assassin’s Creed Unity,
- Space simulator Agos: A Game of Space is a VR adventure set for release on October 28,
- Karma is an online collaborative adventure from PastaGames,
- A new season system for The Crew 2 will launch in November to kick off the game’s Year 3 content additions, including a new TV station: Motorflix,
- Red Patriot is the latest episode to be released for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint coming on September 15,
- Roller Champions fans will be able to get more updates on the game’s progress via the new Blueprint development diaries starting from October,
- Monster Prom 2: Monster Camp is currently in development,
- The Resistance is the next chapter in For Honor releasing September 17,
- A new 100-floor challenge mode called The Summit will be coming to The Division 2 on September 22, with a limited-time mode called Operation Nightmare teased for a Winter 2020 release.
The pre-show concluded with a new episode of Wow! Moments, featuring clips from fans of their impressive fears and other unbelievable moments they have encountered playing Ubisoft games.
The main show, hosted by Neelam Kumar & Youssef Maguid, kicked off with an in-depth look at what players can expect to see from Immortals: Fenyx Rising.
Previously known as Gods & Monsters, Immortals: Fenyx Rising follows the titular Fenyx as they are shipwrecked on the Golden Isle. Formally the domain of the Greek Gods, it has been overrun by dark forces and it is up to the player – using their own customisable version of Fenix, to help the Gods reclaim their home.
With a fully explorable open world, unlockable powers and a story inspired by the epic tales of Greek mythology, Immortals Fenyx Rising is currently scheduled for a release on December 3, 2020. Players on Google Stadia will be able to play an exclusive demo of the game later in the year.
Next up was the official announcement that Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is getting a full remake – a first for the company – from the team at Ubisoft Mumbai, led by Senior Producer Annu Koul.
Koul also announced that Yuri Lowenthal, the voiced the Prince in the 2003 original of Sands of Time, would be reprising the role for the remake, which is set to be released January 21, 2021.
Also making a return with be Scott Pilgrim. After being removed from sale in 2014 due to expired licenses, Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game will be making a return in late 2020 to celebrate its 10th Anniversary. This release, subtitled as the Complete Edition, will include the game and both DLC packs.
Following its release earlier this year, battle royal adventure Hyper Scape will be getting a limited Turbo Mode event starting September 15, with high-level loot up for grabs.
Next up in the presentation was the announcement that Ubisoft will be hosting a global eSports event for Rainbow Six Siege in the Summer of 2021. Featuring national teams from 45 countries, the World Cup tournament will be split into two events – Qualifying & Finals – over the course of the year.
There was also more information on the upcoming debut of Splinter Cell’s Sam Fisher as a new Operator. A new animated short, Call Me Zero, gave fans a look at how Fisher fits into the world of Rainbow Six Siege and the part he plays in the overall story.
Ahead of its release in October, there was another look at the London of Watch Dogs Legion. Featuring a glimpse of some of the people players will be able to recruit in their mission to reclaim the city, there was also a look at how the music of the game was crafted and the studio’s collaboration with hip-hop and grime artist Stormzy.
The preview ended with the announcement that original Watch Dogs protagonist Aiden Pierce would be a playable character in Watch Dogs Legion post-launch.
The presentation ended with the reveal of a new IP from Ubisoft: Riders Republic.
Combining a host of extreme sports, Riders Republic is a massive multiplayer sports title where players will be able to show off their skills and compete against each other through vast landscapes inspired by the National Parks of the United States.
Featuring events from the X Games and the Red Bull Rampage, Riders Republic is currently scheduled to be released February 25, 2021.
Full information about all the games and content can be found on the Ubisoft website. Watch the presentation in full below.
Words by Megan Roxburgh
Support The Indiependent
We’re trying to raise £200 a month to help cover our operational costs. This includes our ‘Writer of the Month’ awards, where we recognise the amazing work produced by our contributor team. If you’ve enjoyed reading our site, we’d really appreciate it if you could donate to The Indiependent. Whether you can give £1 or £10, you’d be making a huge difference to our small team.