Online Webinar: How To Build A Strong Brand And Journalism Network
In this online webinar freelance journalist and Young Journalist Community founder Asyia Iftikhar joins The Indiependent founder and music editor, Beth Kirkbride, to discuss how to build a strong brand and journalism network.
In this 45+ minute webinar, Asyia and Beth cover:
- The best social media platforms to be on as a young journalist
- How to use social media to find opportunities
- Establishing a social media routine
- Finding opportunities outside of social media
- Making the most of Facebook groups
- Newsletters to subscribe to as a young journalist
- Mentorship – how to get one, and what benefits a mentor can offer
- Paid vs unpaid writing opportunities
- Making the transition to working with big publications
- Launching your own creative project
- Gaining experience if you’re from an underrepresented group
- What the Young Journalist Community is and how you can join
For the £15 cost of this webinar, you get access to all of the above information – for as long as you need it – as well as a summary of Asyia’s top tips, and a list of links to the accounts, pages and newsletters mentioned in the talk. You also have a chance to ask Asyia any questions about her own journalism journey.
About Asyia: Asyia Iftikhar is a freelance journalist and student with bylines in the Metro, gal-dem and Burnt Roti. She is on the founding editorial board of ‘The Meridian Magazine’ and founder of ‘Young Journalist Community’.
About Beth: Beth Kirkbride is a gold-standard NCTJ-qualified journalist, who also holds a BA in English Literature from Balliol College, Oxford University. She founded The Indiependent in 2014 and has watched the site blossom into what it is today – with over 250 contributors/editors and 4,000 published articles to date. Her work is featured in publications such as The Telegraph (UK), The Telegraph (Kolkata), OneZero, StreamingWars, South West Londoner, The Liverpool Echo and The Hackney Citizen.
The Indiependent is committed to making the world of journalism a more inclusive place. If for any reason you can’t afford the cost of this course please email us and at our discretion we will provide a free copy. Discounts are also available for The Indiependent contributors, and those from underrepresented groups in the media – to get a discount code, please contact us via email: [email protected]
Online Course: How To Create A Professional Sounding Podcast – For Free!£15.00 Add to basket
Online Course: Freelance Political Commentary – How to Get Started£15.00 Add to basket
Online Course: How to Cold Pitch Editors – And Get Accepted£15.00 Add to basket
Online Webinar: How to Stand Out as a Football Journalist£25.00 Add to basket