In this online course, Molly Bolding provides a comprehensive guide to getting stuck in to student journalism. In this course, she covers:
- Types and styles of student outlets (VIDEO)
- The basics of student journalism (VIDEO)
- How to choose topics to write about
- Writing your first pitch – dos and don’ts – with a successful example from her own portfolio
- Turning big picture topics into small student-focused ideas
- Further opportunities for student journalists
- Other useful skills to develop while you’re a student
- Using social media – when writing articles and promoting your work
- Becoming a student editor (VIDEO)
For the £20 cost of this course, you get access to all of the above information – for as long as you need it – as well as a chance to send Molly one article (800 words max) or pitch for feedback.
About Molly: Molly Bolding is a freelance journalist, photographer and videographer, in her final year studying English at the University of Cambridge. She is currently the Editor in Chief of the Cambridge Middle East and North Africa Forum journal, ‘Manara’, and a Contributing Writer for Tes, as well as an online tutor and copywriter.
The Indiependent is committed to making the world of journalism a more inclusive place. If for any reason you can’t afford the cost of this course please email [email protected] and at our discretion we will provide a discounted or free copy.